Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Vacation...

...was pretty amazing. We went on the Carnival Conquest Cruise Ship. The destinations were Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel. It lasted 7 days, and let me tell you I rocked for 7 days after that. Though Bud was fine, Lucky him! Every night after the first night we got an animal made out of a towel left in our room. The Monkey was my favorite. Our room steward Boon hung it from the lights. I made Bud put the Monkey on his shoulders and he threw in the rest....
Aren't they so cute!!!

This is Bud reading brail. One of the very funny moments on the Ship. He cracks me up!
Our First Formal Night. All dressed up.

So the first stop was Jamaica. It wasn't at all what we expected, but we had a great time. We climbed the Dunn's River Falls, a 600 foot waterfall, and it was a Blast.
Then our group went to a private beach and had a foot massage in our own private Cabana. Though they weren't very private, I think the next Cabana was about five feet away. By the time we got back to the ship it was raining. We didn't do any more in Jamaica, due to the fact that they don't really recommend you go on your own, and we were afraid we wouldn't make it through the huge customs line in time to get back on the ship.
So that night Bud and I decided to have a few drinks! Let's just say we pretty much put the ship to bed that night. It was a good time.

So next stop, Grand Cayman Islands. We went on a sail boat and got to swim with the Stingrays. What an Awesome experience! They really are an affectionate species. Even though I couldn't stop screaming my but off every time I saw one coming at me. Bud on the otherhand was amazing and I think the Female Stingrays felt the same way. They would come right to him. So this day I got sea sick on the sail boat. After we got back to land, off to the ship, room service and bed. I was a little bummed that we didn't see more of Grand Cayman, but not much I could do about that. I think we slept until dinner, we had the late seating, 8:30. Oh, the things you can do when you don't have kids with you!

Next stop, Cozumel. We absolutely loved Cozumel. We went on another sail boat and went snorkeling. Had a blast. Went to the beach. Had a blast. The water is so pretty. On the way back, beer, margaritas and dancing an the boat. Had a blast!

Sad that this was our final stop, but we were able to go shopping and see a little more. So this stop almost ended good. While we were shopping Bud had mentioned his foot hurt. By the time we got back to our room he couldn't even step on it. He was in excruciating pain. His foot was swolen and purple. We were escorted to the Infermary(Doctor) and when he stood up from the wheel chair to check in, He said "it doesn't hurt anymore." I was like you have got to be kidding me. He said well it hurts but I can tolerate this. So we got a wrap and some Ibuprofen. Well we ran into a couple from Hawaii that asked what happened. Bud said he didn't know. So he asked what we did that day and we told him we had been snorkeling. He asked if he touched coral, because coral can get into your system and thats how it attacks. So after thinking about it we think that when he dove down, he bumped some coral when he turned to come back up. I think I have the picture right before it happened. So I have a picture of the coral he kicked. How memorable! By dinner time his foot was better by morning it was fine and has been ever since. It was interesting.
So the last day on the ship we just hung out didn't do much, but we were pretty anxious to get home. We had called the girls that morning and when Baylee talked to Bud she said "I want you" and that pretty much did it. We had a great trip home which made it even better. It was so nice to get away from everyday life, and spend some time together. It created memories that will last a lifetime!

This is our Dinner group on the last night. The two in the vests were our waiters for the week. Farewell.

2 comments:

Riz said...

Good job on your first blog post. Keep up the good work. Although I already saw those pictures at your house...I love seeing the cute pictures.

Tawnie said...

Oh my goodness, I am bursting with excitement!!! I am so glad that you decided to do a blog, I feel that we will be able to keep in touch more. Oh by the way..I am super jelouse of your trip and you sure are one HOT Momma..I love your hair...you really look great! Love ya...