So, we saw some caterpillars cruising in the grass in our backyard. Bud picked one up and Baylee wanted to hold it. To my surprise she did and she wasn't scared. Well except when she went to put it down she started screaming, she said it was because she thought it was going to bite her.

The next day, I noticed one hanging on the house and another one still crawling upside down. I watched it hang itself right next to the other one. I have never seen this so I thought this was pretty cool. Day 1

Baylee and I went out every day to see the change. Day 3

This day, Bud went out and found that one of them had turned into a butterfly and the dog was playing with it. So he put it in the plants. I was pretty disappointed that we missed it. At least there was still one left. About three days later I looked and saw this one was still there. Wel, by the time I got outside it was gone. So I missed it again. Oh well at least we got to see as much of the process as we did and we got to see what they looked like. Day 12

Baylee's explanation: they turned into cacoons and then they turned into butterflies and then they flyed away without us, without us seeing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment